We are expanding the team!!
Current Job Vacancies at R A Brown
We currently have 3 vacancies available at R A Brown Heating Services.
Gas Service & Breakdown Engineer
R A Brown Heating Services is looking to recruit a Gas Service & Breakdown Engineer. Salary circa £30K per annum.
- To carry out scheduled services on Gas boilers and heat pumps (training can be given for HP work).
- To attend breakdown call outs but not 24 hr call outs.
- To fault find and problem solve on gas boilers, heat pumps or other system issues.
- Be focused on Customer care and adhere to the company’s Customer Care policy.
- To communicate effectively with customers about their faults and how these can be rectified.
- To be well organised about daily appointment schedule and collect required parts using own initiative.
- To complete all required paperwork for each and return this promptly to the office.
- Strictly adhere to Health and Safety requirements.
To find out more about this vacancy, click here
Level 3 Plumbing & Heating Engineer
To Learn from and Assist Engineers during the following:
- Work with Plumbing and Heating Engineers on installation or repair work maintaining quality standards of the company within the allocated time for the project.
- Listen carefully and follow instructions given and always check with Supervisor if unsure about how to perform a task correctly and/or safely.
- Report any damage to or breakages of Company or Customer property to your Supervisor immediately.
- Assist your Supervisor with loading the correct materials onto the van for the job or check and top up van stock if requested. Complete the appropriate paperwork with the Parts Co-ordinator
- Assist the van driver with maintaining company van to a respectable level of cleanliness, tidiness and safety to comply with Company standard.
- Complete your weekly timesheet accurately and ensure this is handed into the office on a weekly basis.
- Assist your supervisor with the accurate completion of other paperwork, for example recording parts used when requested.
- Fetch tools and equipment from the van as requested.
- Be familiar with the content of the site risk assessment, company Health and Safety policy and report anything you consider unsafe or any ‘near miss’ incidents to your Supervisor.
- Take care to use all tools according to Manufacturer’s instructions and if you are unsure ask your Supervisor to teach you how to use any tools you are unfamiliar with, safely.
- Follow all site health and safety rules
- Protect Customer’s property with dust sheets and clear up at the end of each day to the Customer’s satisfaction – check with your Supervisor
- Attend College at the required times, ensuring that you have all books and equipment with you and fully utilise all study time. Supply the college promptly with exam certificates if applicable.
- Provide accurate feedback to the Managing Director and Commercial Director on progress towards your qualification and to highlight any additional assistance you may require.
- Arrive at work on time and be punctual when returning from breaks.
- Develop good work habits to ensure wastage is kept to a minimum, both materials and time.
Operations Assistant Apprentice
Reporting to the Operations Manager, duties will include:
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing phone calls in a very professional manner.
- Ensuring excellent communication between all departments including managers, directors, engineers and external customers.
- Keeping customer files up to date on the CRM system.
- Ensuring paperwork is received from engineers and directed efficiently to office team members.
- Preparing information required for invoicing
Skills and Personal Qualities –
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong focus on achieving a high level of customer service
- Confident, mature and assertive (when required) telephone manner
- Ability and interest to learn about renewable and conventional heating installations
- Attention to detail for record keeping
- Ability to be resourceful and work on own initiative once trained
- 5 good GCSEs (or equivalent) are desirable – including Maths and English
To apply for any of these vacancies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, stating which vacancy you are applying for.