This week is Gas Safety Week 2020, this initiative is in its 10th year of running to raise awareness about the importance of gas safety, regular testing of gas appliances and making sure you have a qualified gas engineer.
- Always get your gas appliances checked annually by a qualified gas engineer.
- You can find a gas safe engineer or check that yours is registered with Gas Safe by checking the register on https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer/
- Ask to see your gas engineers gas safety card.
- Fit a Carbon Monoxide alarm in your home.
- DO NOT attempt to fix gas appliances yourself, always call a professional.
- If you are in a rental property, your landlord has to have all gas appliances checked annually and have a landlords certificate to confirm appliances have passed testing.
- If you would like to get sent reminders for getting your appliances checked, register with https://www.staygassafe.co.uk/ to receive reminders.