If I am interested after the guide estimate, what is the next stage?
If the information in the guide estimate sounds appealing and you wish to proceed then we can arrange to carry out a site survey so that we can complete a detailed heat loss calculation and then custom design your heating system to perfectly suit your property.
Give us a call on 01603 898904 to arrange a site survey.
More Questions About Green Home Grant Scheme
Does the amount you spend on GHGS primary measure affect the amount which can be spent on a secondary measure?
GHGS Vouchers must be used to install at least one primary home insulation or low carbon heating measure. If you install at least one of the primary measures, you can use your voucher to help cover the cost of secondary measures.
The subsidy for the secondary measure is capped at the value of the subsidy provided for the primary measures. For example, if you receive £400 for a primary measure such as a cavity wall insulation, you will be able to receive a maximum of £400 for a secondary measure such as an energy efficient replacement door.
How can I get a guide price for a heat pump for my property
We require some information to be able to custom design a renewable heating system for your property. The more information that you can provide us the more accurate we can be.
- Your contact details
- Your property address, including postcode
- Do you own the property/rent it/is it a holiday let?
- Plans of the property (one of the following
– Architect plans are ideal of course, including elevations and sections.
– Estate agent floor plans – We can work with these floor plans but please ensure that we have all the room sizes (ideally including ceiling heights)
– Basic drawing of the layout of your property accompanied with a list of the room sizes including ceiling heights.
- Window sizes in each of the rooms – Approximate age and are they Double glazed, single glazed etc.?
- Details of existing heating system. Is it oil or gas? Combi boiler or cylinder? Approximate age of the system.
- Radiators or Underfloor heating? Which system do you have, or would you like to have installed?
- The current number of radiators in each room, if installed.
Using the information that you provide we can produce a guide estimate for the work that you wish to be carried out. This estimate will also detail the expected running costs of the proposed system and the sum that you are likely to receive if you are eligible to claim the Renewable Heat Incentive.
Please email the plans and answers to the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply for the Green Home Grant Scheme (GHGS)?
You can a apply for the Green Home Grant Scheme through the government website (gov.uk)
Full information on the scheme details including how to apply, redeem the voucher are available through the link below.
Which Accreditation should my Installer have?
If you wish to apply for the Green Home Grant Scheme, tradespeople must register for Trustmark or Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accreditation to take part in the scheme. Therefore, make sure your installer has the Trustmark or MCS accreditation.
If you wish to apply for the Renewable Heat Incentive your installer must be MCS approved.
How does the Green Home Grant Scheme affect the RHI Payments?
You can claim the Green Homes Grant for a renewable heat installation in addition to the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive.
It is important to note that you need to claim the Green Home Grant first and then when you apply for the Domestic RHI, you will need to notify Ofgem that you have used the Green Home Grant and this amount will be deducted from your Domestic RHI Payments.